Tags: 12 inch, 12″, 12″ figures, announcement, Avengers, bruce banner, hot toys, hottoys, hulk, JC.HONG, Joseph Tsang, Kim Hyun, Kojun, marvel, sixth scale
Finally! Ever since Hot Toys got the license for the Avengers, Ffans got excited about a sixth scale Hulk figure. Including me
Well, he’s finally here. “We Have A Hulk”.
Before there was even a mention if a Hulk was going to be produced, people got speculating the size, if the joints were visible, what material he was going to be made of. And so forth. So he got very hyped by the fans.
First shown at Ani-con in Hong Kong, heated discussions were unleashed with very mixed reactions. About it’s sculpt, the color, if the arms could bend, if the hands were unchangeable and about the exposed shoulder joints.
Now we have an official announcement.
I, for one, am very happy. This Hulk is a monster. He’s approximately 42 cm tall. I love the head sculpt.
A few thing could’ve been better in my opinion. I think his abs are extenuated to much compared with the movie. He has very limited accessories. Seriously, It doesn’t even have a figure stand! I expected at least another head scupt, more hands or a Bruce Banner figure.
I don’t mind the exposed shoulder joints. I understand It can’t be covered unless there is some kind of cloth. I Like the hidden elbow joints. I wonder what material is being used for the arms and If if can stand the teeth of time. With previous figures with covered joints with “skin”, they used rubber. Which will wear out and cracks happen over time. Is the rest of the figure’s skin made of the same material.
And how far will the arms bend? I am also curious what independent rolling eyeballs are. Does that mean we can pose him cross eyed?
Everything is new with this guy. He entire body is newly sculpted. I wonder how they will milk this figure. Will we see a Red Hulk in the future as a convention exclusive? Maybe a Hulk version 2.0 in a couple of years time?
I understand some people are very disappointed with what Hot Toys delivers in oppose what they had in mind, which is the sky. Hot Toys can only R&D and produce this much while keeping the price ‘down’. I can’t wait until march 2013 when he will be released when I have him in hand.
He would stand nicely against my Hot Toys Wolverine of beside Iron Monger. Or just being part of the Avengers!
For images and specifications, read more after the jump.
View or download high resolution photo’s
Hot Toys – MMS186 – The Avengers: 1/6th scale Hulk Limited Edition Collectible Figurine Specification
~ MMS Series ~
The 1/6th scale Hulk Limited Edition Collectible Figurine specially features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Hulk in The Avengers movie
- Approximately 42 cm / 16.5 inches tall
- One (1) newly developed head sculpt with separate rolling eyeballs
- Movie-accurate facial expression featuring his angered gesture with detailed wrinkles and skin texture
- Detailed hair sculpture
- Giant green-skinned muscular body featuring detailed skin texture and tendons, with over 20 points of articulations with built-in joints in neck and arms which allow flexible movement.
- Two (2) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- One (1) pair of forceful fists
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- One (1) pair of ragged grey shorts
- Head Sculpted by Kim Hyun
- Head Painted by JC.HONG
- Head Art Directed by Kojun
- Body Sculpted & Painted by Joseph Tsang
**Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval
Release date: Q1, 2013
TM & © 2012 Marvel & Subs.
© 2012 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved