Having missed the first release of the mark I from Hot Toys, this is welcomed news.
I find the Mark I one of the best and most iconic armor from the Iron Man line. Why I didn’t bought the figure back in 2009, is beyond me.
I just ordered my first sixth scale figure from Hot Toys as try-out; the Iron Man mark III. So not having this figure in my possession yet (the mark III came out in february 2009), I guess it was too much ordering the mark I. I still was not convinced 12″ figures were the toys for me.
Clothing on the figures were my main concern.
The Hot Toys Wolverine changed all that, but that was a few months later.
Back to this figure. Al ready got him pre-ordered. This is a must have for my little Iron Man collection.
Soon I’ll have the mark II, III, V and VI complete with The mark I as topping.
Besides, this figure looks kick-ass! The head sculpt of Robert Downey Jr. is just amazing.
So here are the details:
Hot Toys is proud to present the Iron Man Mark I (2.0) Limited Edition Sixth Scale Collectible Figure The movie-accurate Mark I collectible is highly detailed, specially made with Hot Toys’ latest technology, crafted based on the image of Mark I in the movie, highlighting the newly developed and highly detailed head sculpt, well-equipped armor specially painted by remarkable Korean artist Lalla, specially-made accessories, weapons and figure base.
Hot Toys – MMS168 – Iron Man: 1/6th scale Mark I (2.0) Limited Edition Collectible Figurine Specification
~ MMS Series ~
The 1/6th scale Mark I (2.0) Limited Edition Collectible Figurine specially features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Mark I, featuring the likeness of Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark in the Iron Man movie
- Approximately 12 inches / 30 cm tall
- Over 36 points of articulations
- Steel-like painting armor
- Movie-accurate Tony Stark costume
- TrueType figure body inside Mark I armor (Mark I armor and figure body are inseparate)
- Helmeted head with raising face-plate revealing the face of Tony Stark
- Special features on armor:
- Light-up (white light) micro ARC reactor and light-up (red light) button on left forearm (battery operated)
- Two (2) pairs of interchangeable palms including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- One (1) pair of fists
- Flamethrower implanted in wrist with extra flame-effected part4
-Working forearm missile launcher
- Figure base featuring the scraps of weapons and stones from the Cave
- Figure stand with Mark I nameplate and movie logo
- Head Sculpted by KOJUN
- Armor Painted by Lalla
- Head Painted by JC.HONG
- Paint Art Directed by JC.HONG
**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Battery included for collectible figure, button cells (a total of 3 pieces) are required
Release date: Q3, 2012
TM & © 2012 Marvel & Subs.