As I mentioned in my review Hot Toys Spider-man, I really like the figure. The Hot Toys Spider-man is just fun.
I recon this figure is no different. Maybe Hot Toys upgraded the figure under the water here and there, but basically for my it’s just the same Spider-man… Just Black.
…With a striking head sculpt of Tobey Maguire
…With an awesome base of Sandman
I think I would pass this guy. For me the reasons are:
-The price. This one is almost €80 more that the first Spider-man. I guess most have to do with the head sculpt and the huge sandman base, but come on. I am not paying over €200 for this figure.
-This is not my ‘black’ Spider-man. He was ‘ok’ in the movie, but not as iconic for me as the version in the comics is.
-I rather save my money for the Venom figure. Which I’m hoping they will announce sometime during this year.
Maybe I’ll regret it, this figure does look nice.
Here’s the official:
Hot Toys is proud to present the 1/6th scale Spider-Man (Black Suit Version) Limited Edition Collectible Figurine with Sandman Diorama Base from the Spider-Man 3 movie. The movie-accurate Spider-Mancollectible is specially crafted based on the superhero image of the iconic character Spider-Man in blacksuit in the movie, highlighting the newly developed head sculpt, detailed costume, movie-accurate webs and specially sculpted Sandman diorama base.
Hot Toys – MMS165 – Spider-Man 3: 1/6th scale Spider-Man (Black Suit Version) Limited Edition Collectible Figurine with Sandman Diorama Base Specification
~ MMS Series ~
The 1/6th scale Spider-Man (Black Suit Version) Limited Edition Collectible Figurine with Sandman Diorama Base specially features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Spider-Man in black suit, featuring the likeness of Tobey Maguire as Spiderman / Peter Parker in the Spider-Man 3 movie
- TrueType body with 30 points of articulation
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Five (5) pairs of interchangeable palms with silvery web pattern including:
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of palms for web shooting
- One (1) pair of palms for web swinging
- One (1) pair of palms for climbing
- One (1) black Spider-Man suit with improved silvery web and honeycomb pattern on head and body, with spider icon in the front and at the back of the body, with one (1) pair of black silvery web patterned boots
- A total of five (5) strips of web including:
- Two (2) for imitating the flying scene
- Two (2) of cobweb shooting
- One (1) of cobweb opening
Diorama Base & Figurine Stand:
- Diorama base featuring the Sandman in the movie
- Figurine stand with Spider-Man nameplate and the movie logo
- One (1) meteor hammer as bonus accessory for exchanging with the fist of Sandman in the diorama base
- Head Sculpted by K.A. Kim
- Head Painted by JC.Hong
- Head Art Directed by Yulli
- Diorama Base Sculpted & Painted by Joseph Tsang
Release date: Q2, 2012
*Prototype shown is not final, pending licensor approval
**Head portrait is pending licensor approval
Spider-Man, and all related characters, TM & © 2011 Marvel Entertainment, LLC and its subsidiaries. All rights reserved. Spider-Man 3, the Movie © 2007 Columbia Pictures Industries, Inc. All rights reserved.
© 2011 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.