Tags: 12 inch, 12″, 12″ figures, announcement, Avengers, bruce banner, hot toys, hottoys, hugh jackman, hulk, Im Jung Hyuk, JC.HONG, Kojun, marvel, sixth scale, the last stand, wolverine, x-men
This announcement came a bit of a surprise to me.
I didn’t even know Hot Toys had a license for X-men 3: The Last Stand. Which this Wolverine is based from.
This is Hot Toys second Wolverine. The first one was based on the Wolverine Origins movie.
The first Wolverine got me into Hot Toys, somewhere back 2009.
I always despised 12″ figures. I my head they were dolls. Like barbie and Hasbro’s GIJoe. At that size, they always looked to fake to me. Especially the clothes were a jail breaker for me. I only had a SideShow Stormtrooper and the Hot Toys she-predator and Iron Man mark III at the time. All armored figures. Then I saw the announcement for Wolverine mms103. He looked awesome. The clothing looked life like and the head sculpt was the best I’ve seen at the time. So I took a leap of faith and since than, I spend way too much money to Hot Toys.
I wasn’t the only one. The first Wolverine figure has become a rarity and goes for $500 at ebay. Crazy!
Back to this one. It’s like stepping in the Delorean and going back in time. Back to X-men The Last Stand from 2006. I like the X-men film. But I didn’t really dig the costumes and I always thought Wolverine’s hair looked stupid.
Here We are. 6 years later. Wolverine hair still looks stupid and on this figure even more so. The costume is starting to grow on me. And it’s fair to say Hot Toys again did an terrific job at the tailoring. I thing the head sculpt doesn’t look bad. But still it’s not 100% Hugh Jackman, the actor portraying Wolverine.
Still I would have bought him if this price wasn’t ridiculously high. With only four extra hands, a figure stand and an environment base, I think $230 is just to steep to take is seriously. So i’ll let this one pass.
For images and specifications, read more after the jump.
Hot Toy – MMS187 – X-Men: The Last Stand: 1/6th scale Wolverine Limited Edition Collectible Figurine Specification
The 1/6th scale Wolverine Limited Edition Collectible Figurine specially features:
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine in the X-Men: The Last Stand movie
- Approximately 30 cm tall
- Muscular body with over 30 points of articulations
- Movie-accurate facial expression featuring his angered gesture with detailed wrinkles and skin texture
- Detailed hair sculpture and beard
- Three (3) pairs of interchangeable gloved palms including:
- One (1) pair of fists with blades
- One (1) pair of fists
- One (1) pair of relaxed palms
- Each piece of head sculpt is specially hand-painted
- One (1) set of X-Men suit including one (1) leather-like black jacket and one (1) pair of leather-like black pants
- One (1) pair of black boots
- Figure stand imitating the movie scene with transparent pillar
- Figure stand with Wolverine nameplate and the movie logo
- Head Sculpted by Im Jung Hyuk
- Head Painted by JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by Kojun
**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
**Battery not included for figure stand, 3A batteries are required
Release date: Q1, 2013
Marvel, X3, and all related character names and the distinctive likenesses thereof are trademarks of Marvel Characters, Inc., and are used with permission. Copyright © 2012 Marvel Characters, Inc. All rights reserved. <a href=”http://www.marvel.com” rel=”nofollow”>www.marvel.com</a>
X3 Motion Picture and Images from Motion Picture © 2012 Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation. All rights reserved.
© 2012 Hot Toys Limited. All Rights Reserved.