Hot Toys just officially announced the long awaited and highly anticipated Iron Man series figure.
This thing is gonna be huge! Just missing a half meter by 6 cm. We also know now, the Obadiah Stane is not a loose figure and cannot be removed from the armor. He’s only a torso with a head scuplt. However very realistic, I do not feel this prototype sculpt captures the likeness of Jeff Bridges accuratly. Since this is a prototype, still a lot can change. Just look at the Resident Evil Jill Valentine and Black Widow figures from Hot Toys.
In short: this thing is a monster, it’s heavy and it’s huge, so is the pricetag. Sideshow has it up for preorder at an astonishing $ 480!
I am excited, and I want it so I really have to save up. But I feel the price a too tall, even for this figure. Beside his sheer size, it has not much of accessoires.
Anytway, we’ve already seen him at the SDCC, but here are all the details:
Hot Toys is proud to present the 1:6th scale Iron Monger Collectible Figure from the movie Iron Man. The movie-accurate Iron Monger collectible is highly detailed, specially crafted based on the image in the film, highlighting a newly developed head sculpt of Jeff Bridges as Obadiah Stane, well equipped armor, light-up functions and weapons. Standing approximately 17.5 inches tall the Iron Monger Collectible figure makes a striking addition to any Iron Man display.
The 1/6th scale Iron Monger Limited Edition Collectible Figurine specially features:
**Prototype shown, final product may be slightly different
- Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of Iron Monger, featuring the likeness of Jeff Bridges as Obadiah Stane in the Iron Man movie
- Approximately 17.5 inches / 44 cm tall
- Over 60 points of articulations
- Specially painted armor with steel feeling
- One (1) pair of palms with improved articulations, movable fingers and light-up repulsors (white light, battery operated)
- LED-lighted eyes and micro ARC reactor (white light, battery operated)
- Chest can be opened for revealing the Obadiah Stane’s head sculpt
- One (1) rotatable machine gun on right arm with LED-light
- One (1) mini-rocket launchers on left arm with LED-light
- One (1) cannon launcher on left shoulder
- Two (2) pairs of boot jets attachable to the back of armor on left and right legs for Flying Mode
- Head Sculpted by Kojun
- Head Painted by JC. Hong
- Head Art Directed by JC. Hong
**Battery included for collectible figure, button cells (a total of 9 pieces) are required
**The figure body cannot be taken out from the armor
Release date: Q2, 2012